The Faculty of Communication of Vilnius University, in cooperation with Vytautas Magnus University and the global organization for development and education IREX, organised the international student conference “Be part of the solution: information heatwave, media and contemporary society”.
The conference took place remotely on May 10 in Vilnius.
The conference aims was to bring together students and graduates of international communication and information sciences to share research and insights into the current state and changes in the media and information environment. The conference focuses on the special situation in the Baltic States.
- Political communication problems
- Challenges of fact-checking in journalism
- Information warfare
- Legal gray area in communication
- Disinformation in the field of media
- Fake news
- Quality in media literacy
- The challenges of societal change for media and information literacy
- Media and journalism policies and agendas
- Challenges for contemporary journalism
- Awareness and vulnerability issues for journalists and media professionals
- Communication in the post-pandemic world